Key to the Encora is the ability to raise and lower the chair to attain the correct seat height for each user. This allows the feet to be positioned firmly on the floor when seated helping to maintain an even weight distribution and assisting the ambulant user to stand from the chair more readily.
The Encora has the ability to easily adjust the tilt-in-space positioning to facilitate ultimate pressure management whilst the independent back recline facility enables the user to attain the most comfortable, relaxed resting position possible. Similarly the legrest can be elevated by either the carer or user by the touch of a small lever on the arm of the chair or by a remote control.
The Encora’s Advanced Comfort Backrest, incorporating the highly acclaimed Reflexion™ foam, moulds itself to the contours of the user to help disperse body weight and provides superior comfort and support to the user. Further positioning assistance is provided through the built in, adjustable lateral supports and lumbar cushioning which underpin the design of the sculpted backrest.
The use of Reflexion™ foam upholstered in the multi-directional, vapour permeable Dartex fabric on all patient contact surfaces ensures a high level of pressure care management throughout.
Incorporation of any of our recommended pressure relieving seat modules are available, alternatively a flat seat board can be supplied for users wishing to incorporate their own pressure relieving cushion.
Fire tested to: BS5852 ignition source 0, 1 and 5 with all of our standard fabrics.
10 Day Despatch Promise: standard Encora chairs are available for despatch within 10 working days from receipt of order.
RRP from £2,190.00
ex.VAT (eligible for VAT exemption)
- Specialist care units
- General and care of the elderly wards
- Care home and hospice environments
- Domestic home use
- For those seated for lengthy periods
- For those at risk from pressure related injuries
- 160kg/25 stone
Features & Benefits
- Tilt-in-Space, Back angle recline and Legrest Elevation controlled through either:
- Electrically powered, or
- Manual Gas Action facility
- Three pressure relieving seat module options
- Advanced Comfort Backrest
- Innovative pressure relieving Reflexion™ Foam on user contact surfaces
- Multi-positioning, integral headrest
- Adjustable seat height and seat length
- Integral, adjustable lateral supports
- Multi-directional, breathable Dartex material on all user contact surfaces
Pressure Relieving Seat Options (integral)
- Intelli-Gel® Integral seat module
- Reflexion™ Foam seat module
- Height adjustable footboard
- Laminated tray with straps
- Cushioned or Universal Headrest
- Lap-Belts and Pelvic Positioners
Please click below to download further information for this product:
We offer a large range of upholstery options and colours for our chairs, to suit every requirement and taste. Please see below for our range.
Please note, colours shown are for illustrative purposes only. Due to differences in monitors, colours of products may appear different to those shown on the site.
Please contact our Customer Services Department on Freephone 0800 212 709 to arrange for swatches to be sent to you to ensure you are happy with your choice of upholstery.
Additionally, some vinyls and fabrics may be unsuitable for your product or environment. Our helpful Customer Services Team will be happy to assist you with your choice of upholstery.
Vinyl: Enduratex Prairie
Price Band A
Price Band A
More from our Specialist Seating Range...
All copyright, design rights and intellectual property rights existing in our designs and products and the images, text and design of this website and the marketing material contained within are and will remain the property of
Direct Healthcare Group. Any infringement of these rights will be pursued vigorously.