Available on SPECIAL REQUEST only
Products that can be directly upholstered in Echo PU:
Fire tested to BS5852 ignition source 0,1 and 5
Fabric Composition: 38% Polyurethane; 62% Cotton
Application: Contract direct upholstery
Breathable: Moisture vapour permeable, 10% (BS3546)
Anti-microbial: Incorporates the anti-microbial agent Actifresh.
Micro-organisms whose growth is inhibited by anti-microbial agent include Staphylococcus aureus (& MRSA), Klebsiella pneumonaie, Aspergillus niger
- The recommended cleaning and disinfection instructions should be followed whenever possible to avoid damage to the PU membrane which could lead to premature failure of the cover.
- For superficial dirt use a disposable wipe and a warm solution of neutral detergent. Do not use abrasive cleaners.
- Disinfect insitu using a 0.1% sodium hypochlorite solution (1000ppmm chlorine).
- Thoroughly clean off any cleaning solutions with clean water and dry fabric before re-use or storage.
- Do not iron.
- In certain circumstances, however, it might be appropriate to use an organic solvent to remove stubborn stains or surface contamination. In these instances it is suggested that the following list of commonly available solvents be tried. In some instances there could be swelling of the polyurethane and an increase in surface gloss. It is not recommended that they be used repeatedly as the long term effects are unknown.
- Please thoroughly clean off with water any solvent cleaners used.
- Solvents to be used with caution
Hydrocarbon Petroleum ether, White Spirit
Alcohols Methanol, Ethanol
Chlorinated Dry Cleaning Fluid
Hydrocarbons There are numerous types
Test on small area before using.
- Solvents to be avoided
Ester Ethyl acetate (Nail polish removers), Amyl acetate
Ketones Acetone, Methyl ethyl ketone
- For all cleaning use a clean absorbent white cloth, turning the cloth frequently to expose a clean surface. Use a dabbing action – do not rub or scrub the fabric. Always work from the outer edge of the stain towards the centre to prevent spreading the stain.